I selected a product I use on my hair to help it from drying out from the elements and occasional blow drying or straightening, Kerastase Nutritive Lait Nutri-Sculpt Smoothing Hair Foundation. The ingredients found in this product are:
- AQUA/WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONOL, LAURETH 23, LAURETH 4, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CARBOMER, POTATO STARCH MODIFIED, POLYQUATERNIUM 4, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR, METHYLPARABEN, AMODIMETHICONE, QUATERNIUM 27, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, TRIDECETH-12, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE
According to the website this product has a toxic score of 6 out of 10, which means that it has a moderate hazard level.
The ingredients from this product that ended up on this list that have a score of 3 or higher are:
- Fragrance: 8, Methylparaben: 8, Propylene Glycol: 4, Laureth-23: 5, Phenoxyethanol: 4, Laureth-4: 3, Cyclopentasiloxane: 2, Dimethicone: 2, Aminomethyl Propanol: 3, Cetrimonium Chloride: 3.
The other listed ingredients were low enough in toxic levels that they were not listed as concerns at this time.
I was surprised at these findings for this product, I knew it probably wasn’t the best product to buy but I did not know that the ingredients in the product were going to be as toxic as this website said. As of right now I still have a lot of the bottle left so I will continue to use it until it is gone. I could probably eliminate this product from my personal care ritual, but my hair is so fine that it gets damaged quickly just from the elements. While I am continuing to use this product I am going to look for greener more animal friendly products to substitute it. The website stated that there are 59% of styling gel/lotion that have lower concerns. I am sure I can find something that mimics what this product does.
Find out for yourself what your personal care products rate at:
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com
No comments:
Post a Comment